Friday, October 8, 2010

Maklong

Dear baby,

Hopefully you're doing fine with your mom. Happy.. healthy as always.

I just want you to know that today, early in the morning, I got a call from my mom saying that my dad's eldest sister has passed away due to complication after operation due to her diabetes. We call her maklong and she stayed for along long time in sendayan, negeri sembilan.

Maklong was "The aunty" for us all. She took care of us quite a few times when our parents had to go abroad. Going back to her place is as equivalent as going back to Kampung during raya time. Her place was a nice small kampung called kg jimah lama and a very nice village.

There are alot of cows, chicken, fish ponds, many many rambutan trees. I learnt how to ride a bike there.. my brothers and sisters too.. at least, that's the only place where our dad will allow us to ride motocycle.. hehehe

Maklong was always kind and nice to us.. as kids, we were naughty and always like to scare the small yellow chicks. I stepped on one of it accidentally or course, while running and chasing it. They were so cute and adorable and thats why kids love to play with it.

Maklong's voice is the one that is distinctive to us all. :)

We pray that her soul rests in peace now. Al-fatihah.

Love you,
Abah

No comments: